Wednesday, September 8, 2010

tWeNtY-sIx

...Chest tightens, breath stops, anxiety and panic grip... could it really be? Am I already there? I can't say it, I don't want others to notice it. Is this really happening? Life carries on, pushing,leaving no thought for reality... until the dawn breaks and there's no way of preventing what is already taking place. Laughter, tears, denial, neglect nothing can can stop the hands of time from moving forward. Twenty-Six here am I--no more hiding, no more tears, no more sorrows for life unlived. Time to embrace, look to the future, focus on what will be instead of what could have been. There's so much to be grateful for, so much to accomplish--thrust off the shackles, it's time. Dive in no holding back, forward into action...forward into life. I'm gonna live it and live it WELL. And just when I think I've given all... I'm gonna give just a little bit more.





...embracing age

3 comments:

  1. You know, I was 26 when I moved to Virginia and met you for the first time! Crazy perspective. Four years later (and REALLY over the hill this time), I'm about to be a mother of three before I celebrate my third wedding anniversary!!!! Again . . . crazy perspective!!! Live it up!!! (But I think you're already do a GREAT job of that! ;-D)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was supposed to be "doing" a great job! ;-D And, p.s. -- do some more writing and archiving of this wonderful time! Trust me, you'll want to have it to look back on! Then again, you're probably keeping a FABULOUS journal already, so you don't need the public blog world! ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just want to let you know that I love you. I am proud of you and this post. Embrace all the days in all the years in all your life. There is nothing to be ashamed of in age, only to be grateful for it, and proud of all you have lived and loved!

    ReplyDelete